Re: [Epic] The ever changing fluff

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:53:21 +1000

Chris Pinson wrote:

> I liked Scott's point about legends and how they quickly become inaccurate.
>
> Now then, I am not making excuses for GW but consider this ....
>
> Think about GW as some bureaucratic branch of the Imperium, who's job is
> propaganda. They will release what ever information they need for a
> specific purpose. Nowhere does it say that the each instance of fluff is
> correct. IIRC the first number of an imperial date indicates how reliable
> the source is.

---->8---- Much else that was good

May I draw everyone's attention to "1984". For those poor souls who
haven't read it, the central character's job at the Ministry of Truth is
to "correct" historical records, in accordance with the current party
line.

A quote from "Inquisitor":
"At another time they disguised themselves as Historitors whose whole
career was to revise subversive records, and to forge more reverend
versions."

So of course the Army has never included the Mutants. And there's no
such thing as Chaos, just the Warp. (sorry...a new update has come
in...) The Beastmen of the Imperial Guard have always been an integral
part of the forces of the Imperium. Any Imperial Guard that fights
against that-which-cannot-be-named-that-starts-with-C are painlessly
euthenased. (Another new update) The Imperial Guard has never included
the loathsome Chaotic Mutants known as Beastmen in its continuing fight
against Chaos.

As to which Fluff you believe.... I always choose the more detailed and
best-written. It's all true anyway, and the Inquisition will get you if
you question official Imperial Histories.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo