RE: [Epic] Bridges for Epic/40K

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 11:05:23 -0400

I got two cheap bridges from a hobby store with train stuff. I think
they're pretty good. I forget what scale they were, but either HO or N. I
know they were for a scale much bigger than Epic, so I'd have room for
everything to go through. I'm not satisfied with their surface--I hacked at
them to get the railroad look off the surface, and cut up the rails as
supports across the top. I guess I need to paint them eventually, but not
until I decide what to do with the road surface. Maybe just cover it with a
fine sand/glue mixture and paint it black, but only if I can make it really
smooth and the edges straight.

You can see them at my site in the Stargrunt II section. (I played SGII a
couple of times with Epic minis individually mounted, and used them in a
battle. I took pictures, which are shown on this page.)

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Battlefield/9180/SGII.html

One of them has since been cut into two, so now I have two short bridges and
one long one. I think they were less than $10 each.

andy