Re: [Epic] Choosing a detachment (was painting)

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 00:28:06 PDT

Anvil a �crit :

>> So you don't plan your detachments before painting?
>>

>No, I make up detachments before each game. Every game is an experiment
for
>me. If one detachment does well it will remain for the next game, if it
does
>poorly, it is deleted from the army. Over time some det's have become
fairly
>standard (2 goliath mega cannon, 3 thunderfire, 6 support weapons for
squat
>artillery) but the rest are fluid depending on how many points we're
>spending. (or how much time I have before a game to make an army list).
> I keep thinking I'll paint up a detachment someday, but that more or
less
>guarantees their inclusion in the army. With the guy I play against,
>predictability is the kiss of death.

I do the same but I wanted to try to make a 2000 points army and see if
I was able to win without adaptating my forces to each battle...
When you choose your detachments, do you choose some units when you know
that you don't have their fig (for example, oh, I'll take three more
predators, damn! I don't have any more of them, oh, let's take three
Leman Russes to represent them, etc...)?

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                 Under Construction

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/