Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 07:36:51 GMT

>>What I really want to know is why people think that you CAN swarm a titan
>>with hordes of little things when the rules so round a boutly say you can't...
>
>Does it specifically say that infantry/vehicles need to be touching the feet
>to gain multiple attacker bonuses?
>

>Michael the Liu

What it says is:

Quote from TL page 33 "Titans and Gargants in Close Combat":

In order to fight against a Titan or Gargant in close combat, vehicles,
SHV's, and troop stands must move into contact with the model itself,
usually moving so that they touch the models feet (or equivalent).

A Titan is able to lean forward, sweeping the ground to its front and side.
To represent this a Titan can always opt to fight a close combat with models
in contact with its base (if it has one), even if the enemy is not actually
touching the Titan's feet.

Enemy models that can fly or leap over large distances can also fight if
they are touching the Titan's base - they don't need to be touching the
Titan's feet. This applies to skimmers, flyers and jump pack equipped troups.

When two Titan's or gargants fight each other it is sufficient to move both
models so that their bases are touching. Both can then fight.

end quote

So it doesn't actually say that you "have to touch the feet to get a
multiple attacker bonus", what it says is that you have to touch the feet to
fight the titan at all!

Agro