Re: [Epic] Titan Support

From: <anvil_at_...>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 09:22:37 -0400

Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> Needle wrote:
> >
> > Hi all , please answer this newbye question :
> >
> > Titans can lend support to nearby detachment involved in an assault ;
> > if the titan in question has blast markers , should it subtract them as
> > usual from its firepower as stated in the fire rules or not ?
>
> As far as I can see:
>
> No, the - from firepower only occurs when firing. Of course, you DO
> count the Blastmarkers it has accrued for the purposes of figuring out
> who has the most blast markers...
>
> > A tricky question , I found no answer in the rules...

I did. Page 43 of the rule book states "The number of blast markers a
supporting war engine is carrying is not counted in the close combat itself
and war engines that support close combats do not take any blast markers if
they are on the losing side".

Some finer points: a war engine can only support one CC per turn
                          : a war engine adds 1/2 its CURRENT damage cap to
the CC (not FP)
                          : a war engine only needs to be within 15cm of a
unit supporting a CC.

My apologies to Mr. Brain if this correction was rude in any way, but this
one needed answered.

anvil