Re: [Epic] Return from Exile

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 11:39:19 -0600

sauron1 wrote:

> I,m Back from dark,damp exile!
>
> Britain lived up to it,s reputation, I think it rained 1/2 the time I
> was there,{Southern Home Counties} but I did not get out mutch (unescorted )
> anyway. The telly seems to have improved with plenty of choices from the BBC
> to the Cartoon channel and even Playboy! Now I must admit, I do not know if
> the access I had was regular, cable or sattelite feed.
>
> So what have the SM group been up to?
>
> sauron1_at_... {And Everywhere else! }

Welcome back. You missed two total degenerations of the list into complaints
about off topic posts, a thread about making a Dune army list (which someone is
now working on), a couple of terrain making posts, and a thread about the world
cup which I tried to turn into an international incident, but failed miserably.

Several threads on the up coming 40K release, a really in depth background of
the emperor/horus heresy, a battle report using seashells, pictures of the
upcoming Epic Dark Eldar/ necron releases, several threads about how GW is a
bunch of greedy bastards who must burn, which degenerated into arguments about
how the people who said so/ didn't say so were a bunch of jerks. Some good
discussions on WWII tanks and websites supporting that information.

So mostly the same stuff as always, though the number of complaints about other
peoples posts really skyrocketed last month. I think it was the hot weather.

Thane