[Epic] bases (an old and stupid question?) -Reply

From: <CLL_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 15:33:53 +0000

does any one know what (besides potentially increased sales) made GW
change the bases of the infantry stands in epic 40k from the 20 mm base
of SM? I mean dose it say in the rulebook, or do they in some way try to
explain it?

//fredde, playing NetEpic

ps. wouldn't a ~20 mm circular base be more realistic?

I seem to recall an e-mail posted to this list before they bought out E40K
saying that they felt it was more realistic.
  Also many other games (notably 6mm Napoleonics) use line bases.
If you want round(ish) bases GZG, available thru GeoHex in the US, do
some in lead for their own Dirtside figures.

Krass