Re: [Epic] bases (an old and stupid question?) -Reply

From: <CLL_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 15:40:39 +0000

If I remember well what GW staff said :
   1- The new stands look great
   2- The new stands are easier to paint
   3- Some players will drop the old stands to buy new ones because
   the new figs can't be easily placed in the old stands (unofficial)

I agree with 1- and 2- and I suspect 3- to be true. There are certainly more
reasons.
Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)
Number 3 is true, the b******s. The old SM/TL figure bases are chamferred.
The new ones are the same width over the entire base. This has two
problems, the first being that the old chamferred bases let excess glue ooze
out, the new ones tend to trap it, giving not such a good fit.
  The second, which is a real b****r is that you have to file down the bases
to get the new figures to fit the old bases. I've virtually given that up after
25 stormboys with jump packs, 25 Blood Axe Kommandos, lotz of marine
scouts and several Techmarines, Librarians, Medics & Chaplains.

Krass