Re: [Epic] Transports and overwatch

From: Dirk Vormann <DVormann_at_...-duisburg.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 09:10:37 +0200 (MESZ)

> Hmmm....let me first say that I haven't played in quite awhile, so my rules
> recollections may be dead wrong.
>
> That aside, I thought that the rules stated that troops that disembark
> start their movement touching the former transport (and of course loose the
> 5cm for being transported).
>
> If this is the case, couldn't you just place the disembarking stands
> adjacent to the transport and put them on overwatch?

IF it is that way: yes. If it isn't: no.

> Oh yeah - here's a lame question on this topic. Can transported troops use
> their firepower? That is, can the stands of infantry being transported
> count their Firepower stat during the Shooting phase? How about for
> SnapFire? These are most likely in the rulesbooks, but as I don't have them
> handy at work, etc etc.....

Snapfire: no point. The transport snapfires which is good enough.
(Everything can only be snapfired at once per turn).
Normal FP: As the transported models are not actually on the table there
is nothing to count... Not sure if that is the way.

DV

Post office does not deliver mail without postage. And sometimes, even
with.