Re: [Epic] Transports and overwatch

From: Larry Irish <wirish1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 11:25:32 -0400

>> That aside, I thought that the rules stated that troops that disembark
>> start their movement touching the former transport (and of course loose the
>> 5cm for being transported).
>>
>> If this is the case, couldn't you just place the disembarking stands
>> adjacent to the transport and put them on overwatch?
>
>IF it is that way: yes. If it isn't: no.
>DV

Hmmm, well, I looked it up last night - the rules don't even address this.
All they say is that the transported units loose 5cm of movement - nothing
about how to place the unit when it disembarks. <sigh>

I think I'm pulling my rules from WH40K, where the rules state explicitly
that disembarking miniatures are placed touching the transport.

I supose this begs the question of how you'd do it otherwise....

How _do_ you folks out there in net-land play? :)
A) place mini's next to the transport and then start measuring movement, or
B) measure from the center of the transport, or, even more fiddly IMO, from
the center of the cargo area of the transport, or
C) something else I've not thought of....

Just wondering....
Larry