Re: [Epic] A few questions

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 11:42:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Colen McAlister wrote:

> >c) My only infiltrator stand of my big Ork detachment is scaling a big
> >hill/mountain. When he reaches the top he is 50 cm away from the core
> >troops of his detachment, but he is right in the range and sights of an
> >Imperator (who is at the other side of the hill/mountain, some 40 cm away) !
> >The Princeps is very happy because he has a target to shoot at, and fires
> >all his weapons at the single Ork. 30 FP + 6 SHW result in 1 dead Ork
> >Infiltrator + 7 BMs. (3 BMs for the 24+ FP, 1 BM for the 6 SHW and 3 BMs
> >for the 3 MegaCannon shots). This would result in placing 7 BMs on stands
> >that are not in range or in line of sight ? Isn't this a bit unreal or is
> >my example (just a bit) too extreme ? It's just that my Infiltrators are
> >always the first units in Range and this results in gettting BMs over my
> >main unit...
>
> I think you would only be able to use one weapon on it, but apart from
> that you're right. It's a bit bizarre.

This has come up in a few of my games, leaving us somewhat unsatisfied
with the results.

One house rule that was tried was that the card BM's are placed on the
board by the unit that received the fire, and that each placed BM has a
 +1cm radius area of effect, that any nearby friendly unit in that area
can be effected by BM. Each infantry or bike stand under this area of
effect, may only pass 1 BM onto its parent detachment. any troops (enemy
or friendly) that pass thru the BM area of effect, also pass 1 BM onto its
parent detachment. The total number of BMs that effect a detachment are
recorded by a orange d10

BM placed by arty have a larger area of effect, +2cm radius/BM

Vehicles (not bikes or buggies)may pass 2 BMs each back to its parent.

at the end of the turn, all of the card BM are removed... only the BMs
that got passed back to the parent are used for morale loss, etc. etc.

this is helpful when multiple detachment get intermixed together.
everybody gets BMs.

reduces BM overkill on single stands.

makes it dangerous to zoom thru areas that are being shot at/shelled

help our group out- try these changes and see if they can be improved.

**
mike
**