Re: [Epic] Transports and overwatch

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 17:18:04 -0500

>>> If this is the case, couldn't you just place the disembarking stands
>>> adjacent to the transport and put them on overwatch?
>>
>> IF it is that way: yes. If it isn't: no.
>> DV
>
> Hmmm, well, I looked it up last night - the rules don't even address this.
> All they say is that the transported units loose 5cm of movement - nothing
> about how to place the unit when it disembarks. <sigh>

I reread those rules last night myself. While they aren't specific (it's GW,
are you suprised?) they do state that it takes 5cm of movement to either
pick up or put down a transported unit. If you've got to put it down, where
else are you going to put it down other than touching the transporting unit?

In my own group we've allowed Orks on overwatch to enter the board riding
a seperate detachment of Battlewagons on march. It's a powerful maneuver for
them, but we feel the Orks need the help.

In any event, I think this is probably worthy of becoming a Jervis Q. I'll
let you know his opinion when I get it.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/amccarle/
Mirrored by J. Michael Looney at:
     http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/allen-mirror/default.html