Re: [Epic] Ork Mekboyz -Reply

From: <CLL_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 14:44:11 +0000

>I was thinking about some of the things of SM 2nd ed. last night when
>the Mekboyz cards popped into my mind. Knowing that Mekboyz on their
>own have no real value to Epic 40k (not 41k), I thought that for an
>extra 5 points per mekboy vehicle or boyz mob (i.e. adding a mek to >the
>stand) that the Ork player may randomly draw one mekboy card. The
>cards
>would be loosely based on the 2nd edition cards but obviously >modified
>to Epic40k rules. What do people think of this idea? The cards
>wouldn't be overly powerful on their own (i.e. no double firepower or
>such) and would again have the chance of drawbacks. I'm going to try
>this in my next game hopefully and see how well it works.

Could you send us some examples of these cards, please? This could be
interesting. :)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Um, these sound as if they may be better off as a set of Orky fate cards.

Did you see the WD's with the race specific ones, and the Emporers Tarot
etc ?

Anyway here's an idea or two.

Goffik Rok
Loud speakers play goffik rok at full blast, improving the Orks morale.
Remove one extra blast marker from any one Goff detachment. (properly
painted off course).

Cyboars
Any Snakebite detachment may reroll a close combat dice once if there are
boars involved.

Red Paint Job/Big Wheelz
Any Evil Sunz or Kult ov Speed detachment may count the road bonus
(extra 5cm move) in any one turn.

Ooge Exhausts (from the 40K card)
Any bikeboyz detachment inflicts one blast marker on one enemy
detachment within 15cm in the movement phase, as their opponents are
shaken by the enormous roar created by the specially enhanced exhausts
on the orks bikes.

Stikk bombs
Ork infantry detachment only.
Roll a d6 before working out the modifiers to the close combat roll, and
consult the table below
1. Your own detachment takes a blast marker
2-4 No effect
5-6 The enemy detachment takes a blast marker.

I'm sure we can think of a few more between us.

Krass