Re: [Epic] SM2 Army Cards Distribution

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 07:10:34 PDT

>I am trying to come up with some solitaire rules for Epic 40K, and I
was
>planning to use the old Army cards from SM2/TL to represent the troops
that
>you can encounter. (Something like : you see enemy troops at a
distance of
>50 cm, draw 2 cards to determine their type -> you have encountered 4
Boyz
>and 4 Gretchins). The problem is, as I bought all my SM2/TL stuff
second
>hand, I had a box with lots of cards, but I don't know what the
distribution
>was in the original boxes; I think I have the cards of SM2, Ork & Squat
>Warlords, Renegades, Armies of the Imperium and I have (I think) the TL
>cards twice. I'd like to know the (average) distribution, because I'm
>planning to create several scenarios which consist of a mix of cards.
The
>original mix of cards would give a good idea of the average
>distribution/variety of troops that can be encountered.
>
>While a table with a dice roll would also work, I think it would be
more fun
>the just 'randomly grab a card', and see what you get.
>
>Carl Billen
>Carl.Billen_at_...

Sounds interesting. I was thinking about such a system for choosing the
enemis but I had limited my work on a special SM vs Tyranids scenario :
after the defeat of a Tyranid invasion on the world XXXX, Space Marines
have began to hunt the last Tyranid creatures hidden in the dark forests
of the planet. I was thinking about deploying little Space Marines
detachments, each time a detachment moved close to a special scenari it
could trigger off a Tyranid attack (Tyranid units would have been chosen
randomly in a chart), etc...
My main problem is to randomize the Tyranid behaviour : I think that, as
someone already said it on the ML, that the old robot programs could be
fine...

Perhaps I will adapt this to my skirmishes rules as I don't want to
"mibilize" a whole table to play this kind of games.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                  Under Construction

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/