Re: [Epic] SM2 Army Cards Distribution

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 00:28:51 PDT

Fredde :

>sure do... I'm working (in half tempo) on some rules for animals and
>monsters in Epic. it would be nice to hear your ideas on these quite
similar
>topics.

Well, that's an interesting subject. All depends how you want to
represent your animals and monsters.
For example, in the Battles Book, they say that several areas populated
by a dangerous wildlife could be considered as dangerous terrain : this
could be an easy way to represent standard little/medium sized
predators.
For big predators (Tyranosaurus Tex, Dragons, isolated Carnifexes,
Ronald McDonalds, etc...) more precise rules could be better : something
like I was talking about for my SM vs Tyranids scenario for example.
When a unit approches too close from the hidden place of a creature,
roll a dice on a chart (the chances of disturbing the creature could
differ from the distance, the type of unit - a guardmen is discreet but
a leman russ make so much noise -, etc...). When the creature is
disturbed, it would charge the closest unit.

There are different ways to similate these events and this one must be
playtested.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                  Under Construction

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/