Re: [Epic] Chaplins in CC

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 08:55:25 -0600

At 09:12 AM 3/1/97 +0000, you wrote:
>> I wonder if anyone can help me with this,
>> If I have an Space Marine assault detachment accompanied by a Chaplin and
>> they are pounced on by loads of Eldar jekbikes, what`s to stop the Eldar
>> player electing to fight the Chaplin first then fight the Assault Marines
>> after they have lost their +1 CAF from the Chaplin? I can`t find anything
>> in the rules to stop this, but it does seem to go against the spirit of the
>> rules.
>> Hope you can help
>> David K
>
>I believe whomever is in numerical advantage can choose how the combat
>is resolved, so in your example if the jetbikes outnumber you he chooses
>the order of resolution and if the contrary is true the marine player
>would.Its an easy reproducable way of resolving close combat and keeps
>arguments down to a minimum.
>
>Peter

Yes, but the Chaplain is a separate detachment. You have to agree on which
order to fight in when moving from detachment to detachment, as the "whoever
is outnumbered takes his lumps" rule. We usually try to reason it out, and
barring that dice it. High roll picks. If there are multiple squads
within range of the chaplain bonus, then it would definitely be unfair to
take the Chaplain first, though.

Temp