Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 09:51:35 -0500

> From: tbloom_at_... (Thomas Bloom)
>
> >> Find me any rule covering friendly fire for any race.
> >
> > Epic Q&A, WD 173 & 175. I think the ruling in question is in
> >WD 175, but I could be mistaken.
>
> Thanks. Does it state that no barrages may be landed on troops in CC
> (silly) or only certian races can do it (even sillier).

        If I recall correctly, it didn't have to do with CC, but rather
with placing templates that would catch your own troops in addition to
the enemy. The answer was that only Orks and Chaos (this was pre-Tyranids)
were allowed to risk hurting their comrades. As far as I know, landing
barrages in CC is technically not allowed by the rules, period, no matter
what army you play.

        Using weapons against your own troops when those troops can't
be hurt (like whirlwinds vs SHVs) was in one of the unofficial Q&As (I
believe in answer to the question of Warlocks centering Eldritch Storms
on themselves).

> Most of the WD
> rulings strike me as the GW "house rules".

        Really? All the GW rules, WD or not, strike me as 'house rules.' =)

> When we run into a problem we
> usually say "oh yeah, I think that was in a Q&A. Do you remember what it
> was? No, well lets just do it this way then." But we're a pretty mellow
> group.

        Well, that's definitely the way to play...

Scott
shupes_at_...