Re: [Epic] Support weapons (and Blood Bowl)

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 00:10:15 +1000

Andy Skinner wrote:

> So this won't be completely off topic, what are you using for Marine and IG
> support weapons? I believe I'll do as someone else suggested and use the
> guns from the heavy weapon stands as IG support. I looked for a bit at GHQ
> modern and WWII towed guns, and a couple are OK, but most don't look right
> for Space Marines to me. Any ideas?

Heroics/Ross 88mm guns suitable butchered to about half their normal
dimensions, and with the shield hacked off, can make passable
Tarantulas. Apart from that, I'd say get 2nd hand or GW-Mailorder
($$$$$$) Rapiers and Tarantulas. Contrary to what the Trolls have told
me, the molds DO exist for the REALLY old stuff: but virtually all of
the Imperial stuff is in an archive, and very difficult to get to. As in
it would take a forklift and several hours of searching to find it. The
Orks stuff OTOH is doable. In fact, I got 75 metal Ork Warbikes (not
wartracks) recently, courtesy of a Friend in Nottingham.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo