Re: [Epic] Question about Engines of Vaul...

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 17:18:45 -0500

> Ouch. It sounds like BlastMarkers are the bane of both EoV's, since the
> D-cannon is definately a SHW, no discussion. Some quick math told me that 3
> little BM's would completely silence a unit of EoV's. <sigh>
>
> Then I remembered the Hull weapons - you can use their FP to 'pay off' the
> lost FP due to BM's, right??

Corect, but only if they have a target in range and LOS.

> Another question: In order to use the hull wpns, do they have to be in
> range? This sounds a bit dicey, I realize, but I'm wondering how I can use
> the EoV's as I envision them: keeping them at max range and popping up to
> blow away bad guys. As it stands now, if I keep them at a distance, some
> incoming fire (which they should survive with a 4 damage capacity) will
> silence their guns all too quickly. But then, if I move into range to use
> the hull guns and avoid some of the penalties for BM's, I put them right
> into harm's way from assault (their assault values are quite poor, yes?)

Keep them at maximum range, and behind cover. It is very difficult to shoot
at a pop-up WE that is behind cover since they need never expose themselves
to anything but other WE's. The only thing that should be able to shoot
at you is long range artillary. Concentrate on silencing this, or forcing
it to lend its attentions elsewhere.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/amccarle/
Mirrored by J. Michael Looney at:
     http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/allen-mirror/default.html
Or send your own questions to: