Re: [Epic] baseline

From: Kevin Walker <sage_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 19:18:09 -0000

I hope this isn't a repeat as I'm resending this due to email pipeline
problems:

On the fine day of 24/8/98 11:35 am fredde_at_... wrote:

>I've been asking about bases before, and now I'm doing it again. Does it
>really makes any difference if you play Epic 40k with the old 20 mm
>bases or the new 40 mm (?) bases? are there any rule changes that makes
>the old base obsolete or is just a matter of taste?

There's a little bit of a difference, but not enough IMHO to warrant
breaking up well painted stands. IIRC they're aren't any rules changes.
It's a little easier to get the square bases into cover and it possible
place more of them across the same frontage, however it's also a little
easier for the opponent to get place a barrage template so that three of
the minis are underneath to qualify the stand as affected by a barrage.

Kevin Walker Mac Developer / Software Engineer
sage_at_... sage@...
Rochester MN USA WAM!NET