RE: [Epic] Overwatch

From: Brian Thomas <bthom37_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 16:28:18 -0500

At 07:26 AM 8/25/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, the halving of FP for units on assault holds only for the shooting
>phase and not for the firefight phase,
>although I still cant understand why only one unit/det gets killed when you
>lose a Firefight.
>
>Kevin

I envision it like the old WB cartoons, where there's two people, one on
each side of a barrel, and they blast away over the top of the barrel. They
never hit anything, but they're trying to suppress the enemy. Admittedly, I
might prefer something like "If you lose a firefight, roll a D6 for each of
your units involved in the firefight. On a roll of 6, they take a hit."

But that's how I see it.

                                Brian