Re: [Epic] Newbie to Epic

From: Eric Harding <omegas_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 00:09:57 -0700

At 09:03 PM 8/26/98 -0500, you wrote:
> Virtually every "old" Epic player I have found who says they do not like
>the new game has changed their mind, once I have showed the the richness
>and subtlety of the new game and it excellent gaming and simulation
>aspects. but, now you can fight battles with 3000 pts or more in an
>afternoon ... easily, and you could not do that with the "old" Epic system.
> I truly love it!! I am convinced that if you approach it with an
>open mind you will agree with me. This system has years and years of
>exploration and play in it ... almost as much as chess and so much richer
>... but, don't get me going!! Greg Richard Brittain wrote: Anybody
>here that can help?? Richard

I played Epic 40K before I played SM/TL...I prefer SM/TL. Why? Simple.
The Imperium didn't lose all that much compared to the other races...Orks
got hosed sooooo much by E40K, for example. Everything is too generic.
And given what I've heard about 3rd Edition W40K, GW should be including a
free jar of Vasaline for the players of the previous edition.

Eric