Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 21:28:52 GMT

At 01:53 AM 3/3/97 -0600, you wrote:
>can't...
>
>>>Does it specifically say that infantry/vehicles need to be touching the feet
>>>to gain multiple attacker bonuses?
>
>>What it says is:
>
><snip quote>
>
>>So it doesn't actually say that you "have to touch the feet to get a
>>multiple attacker bonus", what it says is that you have to touch the feet to
>>fight the titan at all!
>
>Okay, I'm following here. However, while the letter of the rules may
>support your ruling, I'm reasonably sure this is just another case of GW's
>cruddy rules writing capabilities. The fact that they stated that
>non-Titans must move into contact with the feet implies that it never
>occurred to them that they would get pinned at the base, hence creating yet
>another rules ambiguity. You might have a case here, but I'm sort of
undecided.

>>Agro
>
>Mike the Liu

Well Mike, I know what you mean about GW's cruddy rules writing
capabilities, but...

This stuff comes from TL - the product designed to sell more titans - and it
is fairly obvious that they are trying to address one of the "problems" with
titans (that makes the so unappealing, hence inprofitable...)

I would suggest that the intention of the section on titans and gargants in
CC is to make them less vulnerable to CC, and why mention the bit about
being able to sweep the base at all? (unless they did remember about
"pinning"...)

Remember the "fluff" about titans being giants of the EPIC battle field and
having nothing nothing to worry about except other titans? (I would add
jump troops top the list of things to worry about, but with the changes to
the pinning rules on skimmers and the (potential) change to the way you CC a
titan, it would be almost true...)

Still "undecided"?

Agro