Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Dan Lobb <danlobb_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 14:59:09 -0800

Brett Hollindale wrote:

> Remember the "fluff" about titans being giants of the EPIC battle field and
> having nothing nothing to worry about except other titans? (I would add
> jump troops top the list of things to worry about, but with the changes to
> the pinning rules on skimmers and the (potential) change to the way you CC a
> titan, it would be almost true...)
>
> Still "undecided"?
>
> Agro

I know this is going to come back at me, but...How about the scene in
"The Empire Strikes Back" were Luke uses that flyer in close combat to
take out the giant walker? He winds the tow line around the legs and
causes it to trip. I know, I know, it is just a movie and the walker is
not as large as a titan, but the theory is the same. Close combat
doesn't mean hand to hand or melee, just extremely short range.

Even in that heroic fantasy movie, it was rare for the lighter troops to
take out the big walkers. It should be very difficult and and very
costly to CC a moving titan. A stationary titan could be subject to
boarding actions --something analogous to an assault on a building.
Still a difficult prospect!

danlobb_at_...