Re: [Epic] Chaos Marine Air Defense & Artillery (E40K)

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 19:36:58 +1000

Greg Lane wrote:

> Scott,
>
> So, net - net, will you retain the strategy rating of "5" if you have the
> Daemon Engines only in support roles within a CSM detachment? But lose the
> "5"rating if you have a Daemon Engine detachment? I could go along with
> that approach. Or did you just include the second argument as another
> reason it would not apply.

The latter.

I COULD be pursuaded though that in order to qualify for CSM status, the
detachment in question had to have some CSMs (or SM vehicles) in it, and
that the detachment HQ must be one of these.

I might add that for Horus Heresy era CSMs, and for that matter, CSM
Brigades that have retained some degree of organisation, I use the
Imperial List (or a subset thereof), just with a mixture of Chaos and
Normal SMs. Few of the former for Horus Heresy era, increasing the
proportion of them the later you go.

The Chaos/ Space Marine list at the moment shows how far the Fallen have
... fallen. No flak. No air support. No Thunderhawks. No Drop Pods. No
Whirlwinds. No Attack Bikes. No Support Weapons (though even Cultists
have these!!!). All they have are Land Raiders, Land Raiders, and Land
Raiders (Hey, if they were going to retain one vehicle, they at least
got THAT right), plus a few mutated funnies. Even mutated Knights, whose
existence has until recently been denied by the Inquisition...

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo