Re: [Epic] save in vehicles

From: Carl Billen <Carl.Billen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 16:20:53 +0200

>Why do units with the save-ability get the chance to reroll their miss if
>the vehicle takes a hit? I do think that the save from this 'hit on the
>vehicle' is not the same save as when the unit takes a hit.

I thought it was like this :
- If the transport is hit (and destroyed), all transported units have a
chance to get out on a roll of 4+. If they don't get out, they get a hit.
Transported units with a save can use their save roll to see if they
survive that hit.

So : The Land Raider with the two Terminator stands is blown up. Each
Terminator stand has a 4+ chance of getting out with a scratch. The first
one gets out safely, but they second one gets hurt (he fails his roll to get
out safely). This results in him getting a hit, so now he can see if he
survives that hit by using his Save (also on a 4+).

Hope this explains it...

Carl Billen
Carl.Billen_at_...