Re: [Epic] Chaos Marine Air Defense & Artillery (E40K)

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 08:35:36 -0600

Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> J Andrew Evans wrote:
>
> > Not sure I understand your point. Surely this is perfectly clear. Chaos
> > Space Marine Detachments are those detachments created from those which in
> > the Army list are headed "Chaos Space Marine . . ." (!!)
> >
> > Viz:
> >
> > Chaos Space Marine Detachment p89
> > CHaos Space Marine Armoured Detachment p92
> > And Supreme Commander (If a Chaos Space Marine) p93
> >
> > And nothing else!
>
> What about theose detachments entirely made up of
> CHAOS SPACE MARINE INFANTRY and CHAOS SPACE MARINE VEHICLES?
>
> viz The Daemon Engines and Fliers?
>
> I think the key is the list of vehicles, etc.
> The rules on Strategy Rating clearly state that there are 3 types of
> Chaos forces, to wit, Daemons, Cultists, and Chaos Space Marines. With
> me so far?
>
> Later on it gives lists of equipment:
>
> Chaos Space Marine Infantry
> Chaos Space Marine Vehicles
> Daemon Infantry
> Cultist Infantry
>
> Still with me?
>
> Now it seems to me that an army composed entirely of Chaos Space Marine
> Infantry and Chaos Space Marine Vehicles, no matter how organised, is an
> all Chaos Marine force. Should it contain anything on the other lists,
> then it isn't. Should it contain no unit that's either a CSM Infantry or
> CSM Vehicle unit, then it has the lowest strategy rating.
>
> I'll leave the questions re War Engines till later.
>
> --
> aebrain_at_... <> <> How doth the little Crocodile

Look on pg 77, last paragraph: "If the force is completely made up of Chaos
Space Marine DETACHMENTS its strategy rating is inceased to 5. If it comprises
only cultists and/or Daemon detachments its strategy rating is lowered to 2."
Could it be any clearer? Outside of adding "So you can attach demon engines to
you SM detat without lowering your strategy rating, Alan in Australia, because,
as we have already stated, it is the detachment types that determine Strategy
Rating."

Furthermore, what the hell was the rest of that post about? Any army comprised
soley of CSM can only be made up of CSM detachments; Daemons, Flyers and
Cultists have no CSM in their detat lists, and Daemon engines can only take them
as support, so at least one commanding engine must be present.

Thane