Re: [Epic] Campaign Rules

From: Chris Swearingen <tall-guy_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 17:54:20 -0800

----------
> From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: [Epic] Campaign Rules
> Date: Monday, March 03, 1997 9:34 AM
>
> OK, I have a question for all you WHFB players on the list... (and
> I know you're out there)
>
> I've heard a little about the campaign rules included in WHFB 5th
> edition on the warhammer newsgroup and I've become very curious.
> It sounds a lot like each player controls certain territories, and
> your army can only include certain models (like mages) if you have
> the proper territory. Depending on whether you win or lose battles
> your little empire will grow or shrink. The whole thing sounds like
> it could add some flavor to battles without a lot of overhead & the
> need for a referee. So I have 2 questions:
>
> 1. Are the rules any good?

the rules are a good general idea,
they do need some tweeking to make them fit the flavor/attitude of your
gaming group, but are overall a fun way of having a simple
multiplayer "campaign" without the hassle of a map and tons o' logistical
paperwork

> 2. How easy would it be to translate them into Epic terms?

hmmm... could be fun in a group of open minded players...
hard to envision "realistic" explanations for the system,
but for just a fun campaign? should be fine! and fun!
let us know if you work up a good territory chart

> Scott
> shupes_at_...

Chris Swearingen
tall-guy_at_...

"my brain hurts!"
"well,... it will have to come out then!"