Re: [Epic] Campaign Rules

From: Seth Ben-Ezra <Azathoth_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 00:10:33 -0500

On 3 Mar 97 at 15:28, Peter Ramos wrote:

> > I have been using a similar system, I can give you a summary if you'd
> > > like.
> >
> > Please do.
> >
> > Scott
> > shupes_at_...
> >

> I'll make the summary brief, if you are interested in a complete version
> I can type it and send to you directly if thats agreeable.

Ooh, ohh, I want! I want! Er, I mean, I would appreciate a copy of
your campaign rules, if you get a chance to type them out.

<snip summary>

> End phase of campaign turn
>
> You gain resouce points from your capital (d6 +2 X 100 Points) and any
> cities or resources you control.
>
> These points may be used for the following:
> Construct new units
> replace losses of broken detachments and companies during battle

How is this done? Do you figure out how much each stand/unit is
worth or do just pay half the cost of the detachment?

> construct/repair/ titans

Someone else commented about constructing Titans being a bad idea.
Maybe only certain sites, such as a spaceport, can "construct" Titans,
which would represent their being flown in from off-planet. Also,
specialized repair sites for Titans would probably make sense also.

> In other words the more you conquer and control resources the more able
> you are to replace losses and construct units.
>
> There is also a random events table for this phase, but it is not
> necessary for play if it is not wanted.
>
> This is a very rough draft, but the basic skeleton is there. the nice
> thing about it is that you can add your own rules very easily or
> eliminate what you dont like. also "winning" can be varied, either
> wiping your enemy out or some other agreed upon objective.
>
> Peter

Sounds pretty cool. I'm also interested in seeing it because I'm
working on a campaign system for another game (Silent Death) and I want
to steal ideas. :) Hey, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf