[Epic] The Challenge

From: David Atherton Smith <roadrunnersmith_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 18:45:57 -0800

Okay, here goes.

This letter was originally going to be a massive gripe and general
insults to all you people who complain. After some thought and restraint
I decided that it would not promote the sort of positive response I am
looking for.

What I am going to do is challenge all the people on this list to refrain
from making any sort of complaint about GW, GW employees, GW products and
other people on this list. I know this letter is some-what hypocritical,
but if we can refrain for complaining and put those efforts into making
suggestions or presenting new ideas this list will be far more
productive.

Here is something to think about while you're brooding with your
complaints burning inside: who bought the game, who plays the game - you,
that's who. Nobody makes you play the game, nobody made you buy the game.
What you can do is change the game to suit your need, desires and liking.

I hope that the future of games and mailing lists like these are soon
exploited by those with creative ideas and suggestions. Games need
creativity to survive. Players provide that creativity.

-Chris