Re: [Epic] Chaos Marine Air Defense & Artillery (E40K)

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 14:52:02 +1000

Thane Morgan wrote:

> Look on pg 77, last paragraph: "If the force is completely made up of Chaos
> Space Marine DETACHMENTS its strategy rating is inceased to 5. If it comprises
> only cultists and/or Daemon detachments its strategy rating is lowered to 2."

Thanks for the clarification. Oh yes, BTW, my apologies if my posting
rubbed you the wrong way. That wasn't my intent. Sorry.

> Could it be any clearer? Outside of adding "So you can attach demon engines to
> you SM detat without lowering your strategy rating, Alan in Australia, because,
> as we have already stated, it is the detachment types that determine Strategy
> Rating."

Fine. However....

Let's just wait for the Q&A.

My proposed wording is:

Is a Chaos Engine Detachment (which from the list can only contain Chaos
Space Marine Infantry and Chaos Space Marine Vehicles) a "Chaos Space
Marine Detachment" for the purposes of judging Command Rating?

a) Yes
b) No, regardless of what it contains, it's a Daemon Detachment.
c) No, regardless of what it contains, it's a Cultist Detachment

Is a Flyer Detachment (which from the list can only contain Chaos Space
Marine vehicles) a "Chaos Space Marine Detachment"

a) Yes
b) No

> Furthermore, what the hell was the rest of that post about? Any army comprised
> soley of CSM can only be made up of CSM detachments; Daemons, Flyers and
> Cultists have no CSM in their detat lists, and Daemon engines can only take them
> as support, so at least one commanding engine must be present.

Wrll, the exact wording is "Any unit that is part of the detachment can
be designated as the detachment HQ, suvbject to the Chain of Command."

the Chian of Command goes Detachment HQ->Any _MAIN FORCE_ unit -> Any
other unit.

So although IN THEORY you could have a support unit as HQ, with the next
in line being a main force unit and so on, this seems silly. So yes, I
agree with you, it is IMPLIED though ambiguous, that the HQ must be Main
Force.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo