Re: [Epic] Chaos Marine Air Defense & Artillery (E40K)

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 01:28:34 -0600

Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> Solzak_at_... wrote:
> >
> > Look at it this way okay....If the regular SM's get their strategy rating
> > lowered by having ANY IG AT ALL.......Doesn't it make since that
> > daemons/cultists would do the exact same thing to Chaos SM force?
>
> Agree. But what exactly is a Daemon? Are CSM Vehicles or Infantry that
> happen to be in "Daemon Engine" detachments Deamons for the purposes of
> the rules? This doesn't apply to the Imperial Army lists, where all
> vehicles that are "Space Marine Vehicles" are found only in detachments
> clearly marked "Space Marine Infantry" or "Space Marine Armour".

Ok, so your problem is that the "brain trust" listed all chaos vehicles as CSM
units-vehicles in the summary section. The real question needs to be "are demon
engines a CSM unit type, as listed on pg 82, or are they their own unit type,
as implied on Pgs.80-81?" I think they just decided that puting an extra page
Chaos summary would cut out to much from that amazingly useful designer notes
section from the end of the rule book.

Thane