Re: [Epic] Chaos Marine Air Defense & Artillery (E40K)

From: J Andrew Evans <J_Andrew_Evans_at_...>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 04:44:22 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:space-marine_at_...
>> > What about theose detachments entirely made up of CHAOS SPACE MARINE
> INFANTRY and CHAOS SPACE MARINE VEHICLES?
> viz The Daemon Engines and Fliers?<
>
> Did I miss something? Why are Daemon Engines and Flyers Chaos Space
Marine
> units.

...because of page 82 of book two. Chaos Units Summary - Chaos Space
Marine Units - Infantry and Chaos Space Marine Units - Vehicles. <

I understand your confusion but I think this is an error and the
detachments in the Army List headed "Chaos Space Marine . . . " is what is
meant. This is equivilant to my long-term confusion over what is an Ork
Battlewagon. In the third paragraph on Army, p47 it says that "not all
Battlewagons have wheels or tracks" and goes on to describe Stompas,
Dreadnoughts etc.

Does this mean that the boyz can hitchlifts on Stompas? Or Dreadnoughts?
Or Squiggoths? Or Flakwagons? Or Speedstas? Or only on the things
specifically listed as being "Battlewagons." Despite the confusion of the
words I had to admit - eventually - that what had been intended was just
the Battlewagons and the sight of five Orks hanging off a dreadnought was
not actually intended. And I re-adjusted my detachments.

Assuming that they meant those detachments headed "Chaos Space Marine . .
." in the Army list would still allow Daemon Engines in the detachment but
only in support whereas the Chaos Engine Detachment (p91) is not! Neither
is Daemon Detachment etc etc.

Helps?

Andrew