Re: [Epic] Dropping this discussion

From: Aaron Day <akkala_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 08:44:59 -0500

fourmillers_at_... wrote:

> Ok, I'm going to attempt to drop this little discussion. Here's my
> closing:
>
> 1) Posting the entire rulebook for SM1 or AT or any other game is illegal.
> It's also wrong - notice list members ask each other before posting another
<snip>

This really bothers me. I don't mind various people telling him that its
illegal, but "wrong". How do you figure. It it weren't for him, I'd
never have been able to see the rules. So for purely historical value
I'd say that he's done me a great service. The damn things been out of
print for over 5 years, I'm sure as hell not going to pay 50-100$ just
to browse the rules. As far as I'm concerned, he should keep posting it
until GW says something, then email it to me and I'll post it.

> 2) I think that coming on the list and posting where to get it is a mistake
> and should be discouraged.

Again, if anyone else wants to do the same thing, I'd be happy
(hint-Rogue Traders)

> 4) One of the things I value about this list is the ability to get our
> questions popped over to JJ en masse, and to get an official answer back. If
> we start sending bootleg stuff back and forth, that might go away. I
> certainly am not out to be GW's friend (I've done that rant before: remember
> when Epic sprues were about a dollar? Do you like it now that they're $10?)
> but to me, the value of this type of thing = 0, and the value of the Q&A's
> is >0, so IMO, why risk it?

As I don't play in tournaments, JJ's inconsistent answers are useless.

Aaron - Starting the tzeentch666 Legal Defence Fund