Re: [Epic] Pots calling kettles black

From: J Andrew Evans <J_Andrew_Evans_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 08:55:42 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:space-marine_at_...
>If this is such a legitimate activity, let's take a survey of the list
members, and see who is missing what rules sets or supplements or whatever,
and make sure everyone on the list has everything ever published, if they
want it. I imagine that all the list members combined probably have
everything as a group. I'll even volunteer to do some scanning. Now this
would certainly help march epic along, wouldn't it? C'mon, let's do it -
Tzeentch says this kind of thing is OK.<

Certainly I'm missing bits of SM/TL. I never bought TL and I didn't get
the Tyranid supplement so I would love to get my hands on the text/rules to
complete my ability to play Space Marine. This is not possible from GW as
they no longer sell it.

However the other guys are right too. Unfortunately it infringes the
copyright of their game (and it is still their game) and they would be
within their legal rights to sue. Copyright does not lapse (even on books
out of print) until thirty years after the author's death (This is UK law.
US is subtly different.)

Andrew