Re: [Epic] Campaign Rules

From: Marc <tw44645_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 97 01:04:33 +0100

>> I've heard a little about the campaign rules included in WHFB 5th
>> edition on the warhammer newsgroup and I've become very curious.
>> It sounds a lot like each player controls certain territories, and
>> your army can only include certain models (like mages) if you have
>> the proper territory. Depending on whether you win or lose battles
>> your little empire will grow or shrink. The whole thing sounds like
>> it could add some flavor to battles without a lot of overhead & the
>> need for a referee. So I have 2 questions:
>>
>> 1. Are the rules any good?
>>
>> 2. How easy would it be to translate them into Epic terms?

I am playing a WHFB tourney who follows the 5th ed. Campaign rules.
Personally, I think they are very good.

The big advantage of this system is that it limits the amount of characters
available to an army (no more games only based on supercharacters).

I am writing a Campaign system for Warzone based on this system.

First, I wanted to write this adaptation for Epic, but as someone stated, it
will be very difficult, because the whole system is based on giving
different advantages to different armies, depending on the type and amount
of territories they control.

What we could do for Epic is to begin with very small armies.Say 2000
points.Restrictions : No Special Cards, No Titans, No flyers.

If you roll a Spaceship dock, you may add a flyer.
If you roll a Industry, you may add a Titan

etc ...

The problem is, that in Epic 2, there are not so many elements that give
substantial advantages (like expensive magic objects or high-level mages in
WHFB).This is why I don't think this system is directly adaptable in Epic 2.

Now, I thought about another possibility.

A long time ago, I played a game called Risk.In this game, you controlled
countries where you based your armies in.You could attack another country
(with a certain countries army) if the attacked country has a frontier with
the attacking one.I think that this system is more easily adaptable to Epic
because the main thing is that the size (and not the type of present units,
like in the 5th ed. campaign rules) of the army is dependent of the number
of countries you control.

Maybe I will write this campaign system this week.

Marc Feuerstein

http://student.vub.ac.be/~tw44645/
mailto:tw44645_at_...

La plupart des hommes n'ont que ce qu'ils m�ritent...les autres sont
c�libataires.