Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 07:46:42 GMT

At 09:59 AM 3/3/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
>>
>> What it says is:
>>
>> Quote from TL page 33 "Titans and Gargants in Close Combat":
>>
>> In order to fight against a Titan or Gargant in close combat, vehicles,
>> SHV's, and troop stands must move into contact with the model itself,
>> usually moving so that they touch the models feet (or equivalent).
>>
>> A Titan is able to lean forward, sweeping the ground to its front and side.
>> To represent this a Titan can always opt to fight a close combat with models
>> in contact with its base (if it has one), even if the enemy is not actually
>> touching the Titan's feet.
>>
>> Enemy models that can fly or leap over large distances can also fight if
>> they are touching the Titan's base - they don't need to be touching the
>> Titan's feet. This applies to skimmers, flyers and jump pack equipped
troups.

>> When two Titan's or gargants fight each other it is sufficient to move both
>> models so that their bases are touching. Both can then fight.
>>
>> end quote
>>
>> So it doesn't actually say that you "have to touch the feet to get a
>> multiple attacker bonus", what it says is that you have to touch the feet to
>> fight the titan at all!
>
> OK... so where does it say that you get pinned when touching
>the Titan's base?
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...

Well, as it happens, I'm working on memory on that one. Can someone find a
copy of the base rules and quote the rules regarding "pinning" please. My
recollection is that you are pinned by contact with a figure's base
(certainly you are in the case of infantry and daemons and bikes and every
other model - why not titans?)

Agro