Re: [Epic] Can't we all just get along?

From: <fourmillers_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 19:43:09 -0500

>As the Outlaw Gamer who accidently touched off this firestorm I'm pretty
>surprised as well :)
>
>I wish I got this much response on my other projects like Epic Battle for
>Hoth and my Domination of the Draka army list. Come on people, gimme some
>feedback here! :)
>
>Ken
>NetEpic Idea Rat
>Outlaw Gamer
>Tactical Strike Editor: http://www.zoomnet.net/~alice/

-----------> Good Lord! I think there were, whaat , twice as many posts
responding to our "civil discouse" wrap up as there were to the whole
original argument!

And people were so torqued about it...

Jeez...I thought we were at least roughly on target about copying rules and
such. This has gotten way out of whack now, though I am enjoying the ongoing
negotiations between the representatives from the U.K. and our own fine
members from the U.S.A....we'd probably take Scotland, but for Wales we're
going to need to see some cool and trendy things like a Welsh version of
Scottish Highlanders, Kilts, Braveheart, etc. Oh, and a Simpsons character
to be named later...

In another vein, I will point out that a basic college philosophy class will
point out the difference between "Is it legal" and "Is it moral" - Ideally
you want them to be related, but they don't have to be. Kinda depends on
who's in charge. The only moral issue I wanted to include in this discussion
was to make sure people noticed that list members normally ask each other
before they post each others' material, and wait til they get an "OK" before
posting it. There's not much threat of a lawsuit if you don't, it's just
being courteous, and I felt it was worth bringing up.

As for the legal side, well, we may all be reading different versions of the
International Copyright Conventions or something, I don't know, but there's
really no middle ground - it either is or it isn't, and if GW doesn't care
to investigate/enforce it, that's up to them - I'm not going to patrol the
net to notify them. This was just a one-time thing I thought was a bit out
of hand, but I've calmed down, and I suggest everyone do the same so we can
get back to some useful posts. I can't remember the last time a topic
generated this much discussion. I might actually have to post that orky
scenario I put together a while back, just to provoke some game-centered
discussion. (For those who have played SFB, I basically converted the "Lone
Grey Wolf" campaign about the Klingon Dreadnought to Epic and made it an
Orky Mega-Gargant. It's interesting, but I've only played it once.). I'm
getting tired of the ongoing "Titan Weapons" discussion, anyway..

And as a final note in this lengthy post: Guys, it's more fun if you jump in
DURING the fight, rather than AFTER...

: )

Blacksteel