Re: [Epic] FIREPOWER just ARRIVED

From: J Andrew Evans <m00ebg00_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:03:17 +0100

Scott Shupe wrote:

> J Andrew Evans wrote:
> >
> How exactly did you get a preview copy? And what is
> the 'official' release date?

Isn't a preview copy. I ordered it through Mail Order (actually through one of the
shops) and it arrived. I don't know that it isn't in the shops but given the
mysterious nature of the deliveries received by the Stores (they always seem surprised
by what turns up!) I doubt most of them will have it for a few more days. However, I
could be wrong . . .

> > What we get in Army lists is:
> >
> > 1. A Daemon Prince Supreme Commander Detachment with Daemon Bodyguard.
>
> Cool.
>
> > 2. Daemon Detachment (can't off hand see the difference with the one in the Army
> > book)
>
> Might be more clearly worded. The one in the Army
> book suggests that you can have detachments of 25 GDs, which
> I do not think was the intent.

SOmething like that seems the intent. Only difference I can spot is that the words
"Choose up to 5 Daemon Packs from the following list" are omitted as is the phrase
about not mixing certain Chaos Gods because of "rivalry." This could possibly mean
that you are only supposed to have one pack per detachment which would therefore be
specific to a particular Chaos God. This will play havoc with my mixed Flamers of
Tzeentch and Flesh Hounds combo.

> > 3. Mortal Detachment led by Daemon Prince, Chaos Champion or Chaos Magus (Psyker)
> > including Chaos Warrior Warband (Not a SM stats are 10, 0, 0, 3, 5+, Rampage),
> > Beastmen, Minotaur Warband, Troll Warband.
>
> Stats for Minoataurs and Trolls?

Well, I have some Minotaur and Troll figures for EPic. Can't remember where they come
from. Might have been the "Stompers" box we were discussing a day or so back might
have been the Chaos Horde box.

A#