Re: [Epic]Ot: Age

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 18:56:00 +1000

Sauron1 wrote:

> Sauron1 writes;We all enjoy Epic. That is common ground enough for me.
>
> If the "Old Ones" can accept the passage of time, and all the
> experiences they enjoyed { or endured }, it might make it easier for the
> "Young Ones" accept that a lives worth of experiences that are ahead of
> them.

And it should be a more interesting and better world too. Speaking as a
Cold Warrior who worked in the back rooms, I'm glad that THAT's over. We
may lose a city or five to Nuclear Terrorism, even more to other things
I'd rather not mention, but the threat of 1-5 Megatonne warheads coming
down on a 10km triangular grid are over.

Just like Great Grandpa who saw newpaper reports of the Wright Bros
Heavier-than-Air-Machine, and lived to see the first Moon Landing live
on TV, we've had an interesting time (and not over yet!). From Massive
Mainframes (1 per nation) to desktop computers in the Gigahertz range.

Running BASIC....

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo