Re: [Epic] Dropping this discussion

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 19:06:25 +1000

Elias Tiliakos wrote:

> Have any of you read _Asterix_and_Obelix (the two Gauls) in_Britain_? They
> rail on "boiled meat with mint sauce" throughout the book. Does such a meal
> actually exist? Oh, and the beer was always warm, too.

I was born in the UK, so can speak with a little authority on what was
the situation prior to the UK joining the EU.

Boiled beef is normally eaten with horseradish, mustard or white sauce.
Mutton or Lamb is normally roast rather than boiled, and is delicious
with Mint Sauce.

And the beer is at Room Temperature (bloody cold most of the year :)

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo