Re: [Epic] "FIREPOWER" and Blast Markers

From: J Andrew Evans <J_Andrew_Evans_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 08:42:56 +0100

I do accept this. The rules are clearly written that way because even an Epic battle is
intended, I suspect, to portray part of a larger engagement and you want to force the end of
the game, the victory before the game simply developes into a slugging match won by
attrition. (The first ever SM2 game I played, with my son, ended like that, everything
destroyed and one poor Space Marine left fighting a single Ork - very unsatisfying).

However whilst that is true one must introduce game mechanics which push the players towards
actually trying to get the objective!! At the end of the day that was why their Generals sent
them to have the fight in the first place.

A#