Re: [Epic] "FIREPOWER" and Blast Markers

From: J Andrew Evans <J_Andrew_Evans_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 16:03:54 +0100

Whoa!!. Now this idea that a disrupt weapons places 2 BMs on a successful roll
is news to me! I can however see how you are arguing it. It gets one as it is
SHWs from the "Blast Marker" table on the main E40K card and another for having
done the disruption. Making two. This, I suspect, could be behind the
enigmatic phrase in the rules (which has always puzzled me):

p33 RULES: "on a roll of 4,5, or 6 place one blast marker on the target in
addition to any other Blast markers that would normally be placed."

This would go a long way to explaining why people think Disrupt weapons are
**so** good. Double BMs over what I have played thus far would change the
ground rules dramatically. Disrupt weapons could finally mean something for
me!!

Confusion over this (# of BMs) could also explain why they are so cheap - should
my new interpretation be wrong. (i.e. they were never intended to be this
effective.)

A#