[Epic] Re: <<Subjectless thread>>

From: J Andrew Evans <J_Andrew_Evans_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 19:19:38 +0100

I'm sure we all share a certain frustration with the way GW has "launched" Epic
over the last 18 months. They blame us the customers for not buying them but
the amount of "downers" I have had from GW store staff about the game is
unbelievable. They don't really try to promote it. I have lost count of the
times I have been told that Epic is a "secondary" game for them. (Only WH40K
and WHFB are designated primary). It's seems to me a stupid thing to say to
someone (a customer) who is obviously interested in it.

On your specific points. I too have been fed various lines from GW staff re
FIREPOWER. (e.g "You can only get that through Mail Order). I took to just
pointing out the ad in WD.

The CHaos set Blood Reavers did suffer from a great deal of problems - many sets
went out without any metal in them at all. I am still waiting for a set of
sponsor turrets for a Chaos Land Raider - they said they didn't have a part no
yetbut would sort it out for me personally - it never arrived.

A#