[Epic] Re:

From: Scott Shupe <shupe_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 21:35:23 -0400

Rick Biesik wrote:

> Over the weekend I called our local "Official GW outlet" (not just some
> franchised distributor) concerning the Firepower supplement. The salesman
> said after checking with other store workers that they knew nothing about
> it, had never heard of it and then had to repeat to me that they were Games
> workshop. After I told him that I knew who they were he wanted to know
> where I had heard about it. When I told him via an E-mail list for Epic, he
> informed me that there were alot of rumors out there and you can't believe
> all of them.

        This is pretty funny... OK, J Andrew Evans (if that
is your real name!), you heard the GW officials - the jig is
up! Confess, you were just pulling our leg about this whole
Firepower thing! =) =) =)

        Jeez, how can the employees know less than we do
about new releases???

> While I am ranting, at the official stores
> that any of you go to, does the sales force immediately jump on the little
> kids when they come in and start feeding them the line such as "these are
> really cool", "what army do you collect?", "you just buy alittle at a
> time".

        They jump on everyone that comes in, as far as I've
seen. At least that's the case at the Fairfax, VA store.

> May be I
> just do not like high pressure salesmanship,

        Never go shopping in Tijuana.

Scott Shupe
shupe_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Stupid f**king words!" - Fugazi