Re: [Epic] Re:

From: J Andrew Evans <J_Andrew_Evans_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:07:39 +0100

As someone who has trained and run Sales Forces I understand why GW trains their
staff to "push" the latest models/games/codex to those that come in. They are
releasing a new product and they want they staff to tell those who enter about
them - to bolster sales.

However the GW store staff are far too ferocious in the way they do this
(generally) and the distinct "writing you off" that you get when you insist that
you have come in to buy something different or point out that you are a dedicated
fan of a particular game is offensive. You are after all still a customer and a
proved good one.

Someone at GW went on a Sales Force training course some while back and implements
the principles far too slavishly. They need someone in there with some common
sense too.

A#