Re: [Epic] FIREPOWER Follow Up question

From: Greg Lane <greg_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 14:25:00 -0500

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> J Andrew Evans <J_Andrew_Evans_at_...> writes:
> > "Flak units may Snap fire at flyers and drop pods at up to their
> > maximum range , no special orders are needed. Note however that any
> > special abilities the flak unit has do not apply to snap snots (i.e.
> > the Fire Priism anti-tank ability), If on special (!) orders the
> > flak unit work as described in the rules."
>
> Okay, what's up with this? I'm a bit unclear on it. If on
> special (!) orders, I could interpret the snap fire either way. Does
> the flak unit get the snap fire in addition to standard flak fire when
> it's on special orders?
>
> Mark

It seemed pretty clear to me IIRC:

1. If the Flak is on "!" Special Orders, then it uses the original Flak
rules.

2. If it is not on "!" Special Orders, the it can use snap fire at its
normal range at flyers.

3. If the detachment with Flak goes on "!" Special Orders, the player
needs to specifically state at that time whether the Flak unit(s) is on
"Flak" orders or will use the snap fire rules.

Three paragraphs and three statements, unless I misunderstood soemthing.

Greg