RE: [Epic] Epic 40K

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 97 09:28:00 EST

Yes, I've posted follow-up questions about this already.
This is just a comment. What I say below is how I was
picturing it working before I had it clarified, _not_
how it works in Epic 40K.
Paul quoting and answering me:
>> I've seen the term "orders dice" mentioned. Does that just mean
>> that you roll to see if you do what you've been told, or is this
>> different?
>
>Consider them multi-sided counters. No rolling of order dice is used.
When I first heard "orders dice", I thought that meant
rolling them. I was picturing you rolling your morale,
and if failing having to roll an orders die. There would
be a different one for each order, maybe each one has
one blank side (do nothing) and one side with order you
were trying to do (another chance to do what you were
supposed to, by accident). The Advance die would have
two First Fire faces and two Charge faces; the Charge die
would have three Advance faces and one First Fire face;
and the First Fire die would have three Advance faces and
one Charge face. Advance could be screwed up either way,
First Fire and Charge could give you something close to
what you want (since Advance could be a little like either),
but you still have a chance to do the "opposite". (Though
I guess if you were expecting close assault you might
prefer to either be on Charge or First Fire.)

Anyway, that's what I was guessing when I first heard the term
"orders dice".

andy
andy.skinner_at_...