Re: [Epic] Infiltrators in Drop Pods

From: Sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 15:02:03 -0000

Sauron1 writes; JAE;

    First of all the biggest improvement is E-mail over the Internet. That
is almost instant communications, a consistent map, as in the British
terrain ones must be sent to each player.next you must decide on a turn
sequence ratio,Real time or weekly turns. All turn moves are given by map
CO-ordinates and the game master only identifies opposing units when they
sight each other or are revealed by recognisance flights.

    { Report; LandSpeeder IG recon 17/5/98 Numerous Units of Orks Supported
by a Midsize Gargant are attempting to bridge Cribit River at CO-ordinates
17-45-12, AA fire Encountered}

    { Them Pansy Eldar are moving der forces inclidn a big twiggy ,tu block
us bashin their briges at the big factory over the hills at 16-55-12}

    You must not let any one player control a significant part of anyforce
as his late or forgotten or Etc. moves cannot hold up the rest of the game,
All parts of many armies either failed to show up or act as required for
"Da-Plan" even in modern times!

    Your "away" players should have one Clan,SM or IG detachment or
host,but only one of a couple of similar ones on one side. Suppose your
furthest player is a University Student and he controls the Imperial
airforce, his orders or lack of them was a major problem in my last
campaign. No he is or was not a SM list member.

    "House Rules" and any other non-standard rules must be known to each
player. {The Flier rules are still under discussion by my own wargame
group.}

    Epic40K rules are known worlwide, but our own discussions on Drop Pods
aren't nor the changes in Firepower. are as well known.

    It takes up a lot of personal time!

sauron1 writes;