Re: [Epic] New list? WTF?

From: Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:07:55 -0500

Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister wrote:

> I lost 1.5 days mail a while back, and so am wondering just *why* all
> these new lists are being set up...
>
> PS: Don't use web-based message boards, they are the spawn of the
> devil
> and should be burned in hell like the evil works they are.

Because the current list is going to die on the 30th of Sept, at least
that is what the uni that owns the server it is on said.

As per normal the mailing list responded in our typical fashion, i.e.
much running around and screaming, several people starting test list,
some of which worked and some didn't.

Mine seem to come out on top because I took the step of getting the
current open members of the current list (via 'who space-marine'
command) and sending invites to the whole of the current list.

If, after the 30th of the month, this list doesn't die, well, we can
just ignore the list I set up.

As of this morning, out of 218 members of the current list, 49 have
joined the "new" list.

This does raise a question:

If, in fact, this list does die on the 30th, should I go ahead and force
add the whole of current list, or should I let the members that don't
want to join just drop off the face of the earth?

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com